Installing professional-grade landscape lighting is one of the best ways to ensure your outdoor space can be used in the evening. However, the right lighting can also enhance security and extend the enjoyment you experience by accenting certain architectural elements and focal points.
Not all landscape lighting is created equal. While a professional can help you choose the best options for your property and needs, there are a few factors to understand before you begin looking. When you are informed, you are equipped to make the best decisions for your needs and property.
Landscape Lighting Grade
Have you ever wondered why professionals don’t simply go to the local home improvement store to purchase lighting kits? This isn’t a coincidence. There are several reasons for this:
- The construction is subpar, and the lights easily degrade, break and fade
- The lights aren’t as effective regarding the light emitted
- Replacement parts aren’t easily found because this type of lighting is considered disposable and more affordable to replace than repair
Innovations in Lighting Provide More Options than Ever Before
Recent innovations in the professional Kansas City landscape lighting industry have changed the industry in several ways. For example, LEDs are now virtually the only lighting type used by professionals. This is due to the lower power usage, longevity of the bulbs and low heat emitting capability.
Another innovation in the industry is the availability of RGBs, which stands for Red, Green, Blue. This light can change to almost any color thanks to the three color diodes present in each bulb. This is still a type of LED light, with the ability to change colors. With these, you can alter the ambiance of your outdoor space with just the push of a button.
There are also new and improved lighting designs. Today’s options are much more appealing than ever before, including visually appealing lights which are designed based on your specific needs and configurations.
If you are installing landscape lighting, you have to also invest in a quality transformer. There are two main considerations to make when selecting a transformer:
- Wattage: You need to figure out how many lights can be added to the transformer safely? Most professional services will advise you to purchase a transformer that gives you room to add more lights down the road. This eliminates the need for you to purchase a second transformer in the future.
- Capabilities: Some transformers run on a timer, while others run on a light-sensing photocell. There are also some that do both. With innovations, some transformers can zone lighting to turn on or off or even fade at specific times – for example, restaurants that dim the lights after 8:00 PM.
If you are considering adding landscape lighting to your outdoor space, you need to make sure you consider the factors here. If you are unsure of how to get started, contact the Kansas City landscape lighting professionals for more information.